About Me

My Photo
Amanda
I'm a single foster mother who loves spending time with my sweet little one, traveling, and making memories. I am a Reading Interventionist at an elementary school and love what I do!
View my complete profile

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Let's Get Real--Infomercial Edition

Is it just me, or have you noticed that infomericals are getting more ridiculous by the day? Not only are the products silly, but they have terribly stupid names as well. Here are a few of my favorites!

Hot Buns
Buns are back, so who doesn't need a set of Hot Buns?




My favorite lines from the ad:
"My buns have never looked this good!"
"I got big buns and I like it."
"Comes in three sizes....mini, medium, and big fatty!"

Now, as you probably know, I don't mess with my hair a whole lot. You most likely will never catch me sporting a bun, unless I'm hanging out at home. This product makes me laugh a lot. Anyone have a set of Hot Buns? If so, could I test out a big fatty?


WaxVac
I'm sure you've all spent countless hours wondering if there is a more effective way of cleaning your ears. Never fear, the WaxVac is here!



WaxVac is a nifty little tool that just vacuums the dirt and water straight out of your ear. First of all, if you have enough time to vacuum your ears out, you have too much time. Secondly, if you are willing to wash that thing out and see all of that grossness, you might be crazy. I agree that we all need clean ears, but this is a little too much for me.


No! No!
Do you love to shave? NO! Maybe that's where this company came up with the clever name for their product...the No! No!



I don't even know where to begin with this one. Supposedly, one of the benefits of this product is that you can use No! No! just about anywhere. I guess if you enjoy removing hair from your body on the couch, or in front of the window (like the women in the ad), then this is the product for you! I would be embarrassed to have this. People would definitely make fun of me. I can hear it now, "Do you want to go do something tonight?" My response: "Sure, just let me No! No! real fast!" Simply ridiculous. Oh, it would be super weird if your kids starting playing with it! "No! No! Don't touch Mommy's No! No!" I just can't handle it.


Gray Away
Problems with gray hair? I've got just the product for you!



I'm cracking up again. What's the difference in this and spray paint? I can just see myself trying to use this. I would have half my forehead painted, along with my clothes, and anything else  around me. This looks like a hot mess waiting to happen. I hope people who sweat a lot don't use it because it would probably start running down their face. How natural can it look?


Let's get real...all of these are ridiculous! Part of me wants to buy them, just to test them out. The bad news is that I can already predict that they would each end in disaster. The good news is that if you call now, you can get two for the price of one! Just pay additional shipping and handling!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio