About Me

My Photo
Amanda
I'm a single foster mother who loves spending time with my sweet little one, traveling, and making memories. I am a Reading Interventionist at an elementary school and love what I do!
View my complete profile

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Memorable Music

In my last blog post, I reminisced about the TV shows of my childhood. This got me thinking about music. I LOVE music! I have a ridiculous talent for memorizing lyrics. My family and friends really appreciate that talent on road trips. I mean, I think I could travel  from Kentucky to California and never miss a word. I do feel that since I've been blessed with that talent, I should share it with anyone I'm ever in a car with. (Now that I think of it, I'm wondering if that's why people never want to carpool with me. Hmmmm.)

I distinctly remember getting my first CD. I'm not sure how I obtained it, because my parents definitely didn't approve. I was about 12 I think. My first CD was TLC's CrazySexyCool. I will never forget that red cover and the blue disc inside it. I remember singing "Creep" just as loudly as I could.
Shortly after getting the TLC CD, I added All-4-One, Boys II Men, Ace of Base, and Mariah Carey to my music library. I spent countless hours singing in my room. I remember dancing in front of the window and singing songs to my friends on the phone. I'm not sure why I thought that made me cool.

I can hear those songs today and it takes me right back to that time. Then I start to get a little worried. Are these songs "oldies" now? Oh gosh, I think they are. I use to make fun of my parents for listening to music that they thought was great when they were kids. Surely if I'm singing songs like "She's Got Skillz" and "Gangsta's Paradise" people will think I'm cool.

Just for fun, here are my Top 10 songs that I remember:
1) "Fantasy" Mariah Carey
2) "Waterfalls" TLC
3) "The Sign" Ace of Base
4) "I Swear" Boys II Men
5) "This is How We Do It" Montell Jordan
6) "I Can Love You Like That" All-4-One
7) "You Gotta Be" Des'ree
8) "Only Wanna Be With You" Hootie & the Blowfish
9) "One of Us" Joan Osborne
10) "Hero" Mariah Carey

And just because I thought this song was the greatest collaboration ever, here's a video...



 
I'm pretty sure I could blog a lot more about this topic, but that's all for now. What were your favorite songs? First CDs? Please let me know!


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

2 things.

1. Imagining you singing in the window to your friends on the phone really kills me.

2. Remember when I bought that Ace of Base CD at that yard sale on Cumberland Trace Rd for 50 cents? Well, you took the CD and never gave it back. I found the empty case the other night and I really need it back. Thanks.

Amanda said...

1. Oh yes. I was crazy back then.

2. Yes, I do remember that CD, and I know exactly where it is. I will consider giving it back to you.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio