About Me

My Photo
Amanda
I'm a single foster mother who loves spending time with my sweet little one, traveling, and making memories. I am a Reading Interventionist at an elementary school and love what I do!
View my complete profile

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Let's Celebrate

I just got some great news! Today is National French Fry day! That makes me kind of excited because I love nothing more than some french fries--steak, waffle, curly, shoestring--I love them all! So, let's all join together in celebration.


Fry Facts:

- French fries were introduced to the U.S. when Thomas Jefferson served them in the White House during his Presidency of 1801-1809.

- In 2005, it is estimated that 11 million tons of factory-made french fries were produced worldwide.

- Both France and Belgium claim they invented french fries.

- McDonald's uses about 7% of the potatoes grown in the U.S. for their french fries.


Wanna make your own french fries? Okay, here's a recipe.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/perfect-french-fries-recipe/index.html

Don't forget to celebrate by eating some of your favorite kind of fries today. Vote for your favorite fries in my poll.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio