About Me

My Photo
Amanda
I'm a single foster mother who loves spending time with my sweet little one, traveling, and making memories. I am a Reading Interventionist at an elementary school and love what I do!
View my complete profile

Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

Weekly Reality Recap

It's time again for my weekly reality recap.

Kate Plus Eight
This week, Kate and the kids worked to build a chicken coop. The Amish farmers down the road came to do the work and bring the chickens. Kate said that she decided to have chickens because she spends so much money on eggs each week. Really? Eggs are pretty cheap I think. The kids will be responsible for taking care of the chickens and collecting the eggs. I'm just thinking that there are enough kids running around that place--the last thing she needs is a bunch of chickens. Maybe she could think of other ways to save money...getting rid of her hair extensions perhaps. Just a thought.

The Bachelorette
Ali went on the four hometown dates this week. During the hometown dates I discovered that Ali's laugh is very annoying.

First, she went to Tampa with Roberto. They played a little baseball before going to meet his family. Roberto's family seemed really sweet. His dad was so proud of his son, and it showed. I thought that was super sweet. After questioning both Roberto and Ali, the family turned on some music and all danced. I thought that was kind of cute.

Next, Ali went to Cape Cod to meet Chris L.'s family. The day started with a rainy walk on the beach.  Chris then took Ali home to see his house. That night Ali met Chris's dad, brothers and their wife/fiance. I absolutely loved Chris's family! They seemed so loving and warm. (All except for the fiance--she seemed a little strange.)

Then Ali ventured to Green Bay to see Kirk. First they went to Kirk's dad's home. His dad looked very scary to me, and indeed he was. The first thing he asked was if Ali wanted to see the basement. It wasn't just any basement, it was full of dead animals--his dad is a taxidermist. Ali handled the situation a lot better than I would have. I would have been way freaked out. Then Ali met Kirk's mother and grandmother. They seemed to be a little more normal than Kirk's dad. His grandmother kept talking about cheesy potatoes, which was funny to me.

The last hometown date was in Chicago with Frank. Frank expressed that he was nervous about the date. He always acts like this is just too stressful and too hard for him, which is annoying to me. Frank's family was sweet, and everyone got along.

At the end of the night Ali sent Kirk home. I can't wait for next week! I'm voting for Chris all the way!


Big Brother 12
This week Hayden nominated Brendon & Rachel for eviction. He said he felt like they were in a "showmance" and that it needed to be dissolved. Brendon won the Power of Veto competition and took himself off the block. Hayden then nominated Annie for eviction. Annie was also revealed as the saboteur--much to my surprise. I knew she was a little sketchy, but didn't think she was the one. The houses guests all voted to evict Annie. I was really surprised--I thought some people would be concerned about how close Brendon and Rachel are, and try to get her out. I was wrong. The Head of Household competition was held and Rachel won. It was also revealed this week that two of the house guests have been lifelong friends. Someone brought up a good point on the show--maybe it's Kathy & Britney--they could be mother/daughter. I can't wait to find out who that is! The next few shows should be interesting.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio